Johnstown Tidy towns group will be holding a meeting upstairs in O’Briens on Wednesday at 7.30 PM. This meeting is about organising projects teams to help run some of the events we have coming over the following months in Johnstown.
All residents in Johnstown are welcome so please come along and help support some great events in your local community.
We have a fantastic sequence of events planned over the coming months with #Johnstowntidytowns in the Johnstown area.
All the members of our committee will be flat out trying to make sure these events are as enjoyable and successful as possible. In order to do that we need the people of Johnstown to get involved and help.
We will be forming project teams to look after, plan and organise each event. I have listed all the events below, so if you feel you have the time the energy or an individual skill set that would help any of the project teams please come on board and get involved. Some of these events are fund raisers for #Johnstowntidytowns with all funds going to improve the look of the area.. We hope to have a meeting organised for next Wednesday 10th May and we would love as many people as possible to turn up and get involved. Venue to be confirmed.
1. We will be entering the National Tidy Towns competition officially on the 30th May. We are entering with the intention of doing the best we possibly can. So we would like to invite all the people of Johnstown to get involved with our regular clean ups.
2. Due to our Tidy Towns volunteers carrying out regular clean ups of the Athlumney Centre the Landlord has offered us the use of his empty car park to organize a “Farmers Market” in aid of Johnstowntidytowns. This will take a lot of organisation but would be a great plus for the area and could maybe be turned into a regular event.
3. Meath River Rescue have agreed to organise a Duck Race on the River Boyne in aid of Johnstowntidytowns. Again this could be a great event if organized properly.
4. Meath River Rescue have also agreed to do regular tours of the river for the children of Johnstown. They can safely take up to 16 kids at a time.
5. Meath River Rescue have also agreed to work with us on a joint project to clean up one of the streams leading to the River.
6. As part of our Tidy Towns entry we have to encourage recycling so we are thinking of organizing a recycling event in the Ardboyne Hotel.
7. As we have the Tara Suite available to us in the Ardboyne Hotel compliments of the developer in Cois Glaisin we will be organising a Halloween and Christmas party for the children in Johnstown.
8. Super Value have kindly offered us 4 bag packing fund raising days over the coming months. We will need to organise a team of people to take up their kind offer.
If you would like to get involved please come to the meeting next Wednesday or ring me from the number below.
Alan Lawes Chairman
Mobile 085 1757216.